Monday, October 3, 2011

Warm Citrus Body Oil

Try smoothing this on after a warm bath!  For extra fabulousness, pour into a lidded bottle and leave it in a sink full of hot water while you are in the bath.  When you get out, the oil will be warm and cozy!

I whipped some up tonight and put in on my daughter after her bath.  She likes oil after her baths instead of lotion because, "Dat yotion is so cold, Mommy!"  Haha!   Now if only my hands were not so cold...

I mixed two oils in this recipe for extra richness in the blend:

2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
2 TBSP grapeseed oil
3 drops bergamot essential oil
3 drops lemon essential oil
2 drops orange essential oil
1 drop ylang-ylang essential oil

Blend all ingredients and pour into dry, clean bottle.  Always test on a small area first!



Linking up with some great parties!

7 comments:

Teri said...

This looks so wonderful. I have never made anything like this, but I am going to try it. Can't wait! I linked to you from Monday Mingle!

Shan said...

So how does one come up with such a recipe? I bet is smells wonderful!

Vicki Smith said...

Sounds soothing!!

Threeundertwo said...

This sounds wonderful! Thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday.

Ingrid@morestylethancash said...

This is going to be perfect when it is cold outside and I want to remember the smells of summer. I've been looking for a new scent to try in the bath, so thanks!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, there! You've got so much creativity and I'm admiring them all. May I invite you to join me, too, at my Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

Whit said...

wow that sounds amazing! Thank you so much for this. Thank you so much sharing and for linking up to our party Show and Share this week! Come on back this Wednesday to link up your current projects.

A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...