Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Perfect Mani / Pedi

You can use this method for both manicures and pedicures; however, my pics are pedi only!
Prep: Remove all previous polish.  Soak your feet for 15 minutes in warm water.  Pat dry and gently push your cuticles back.  Trim, shape, and file nails.  

Supplies:
4 sided nail buffer (I used the Sally Hanson La Cross buffer found at drug stores, Walmart, etc.)
polish
top coat

Step 1: Buff your nails to remove ridges and create a smooth surface.


Gently buff over surface of nail with the coarsest side of nail buffer.  Make sure you don't press too hard - gentle to light pressure is best.


Repeat with all sides of buffer, working from coarse to fine grit.


Using the smoothest side of the buffer, gently go over entire nail surface.  This should bring a lovely shine to the nail.  Use a bit of water to remove the nail dust and particles, and to clean nail.  Repeat for all nails.

Step 2: Apply polish.

This is a super fabulous how-to from Lacquerized.



Use a base coat if you wish.  I used two coats of quick dry polish and my favourite topcoat, Seche Vite.  I love it because the nails stay wet-shiny and super smooth!  I love the fresh-from-the-salon wet look.






And now for the moment of truth (drumroll, please)...

Here are my toes, 5 weeks later:



Yep, some polish has chipped off.  There has been a lot of growth.  I definitely need a redo.  BUT, they are shiny and smooth!  Ha!

Linking up with some great parties!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done.

would it be bad if I confessed that I have never painted my toenails!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but your nails needed cut before you painted them- they are really nasty 5 weeks layer.

Anonymous said...

I think this is among the such a lot vital info for me.
And i'm satisfied reading your article. However want to statement on few basic issues, The site taste is ideal, the articles is actually excellent : D. Just right process, cheers

Also visit my weblog ... ünlü oyunları

Anonymous said...

This text іs invaluаble. When can I find out moгe?



Feel free to ѕurf to my pagе ::
gizli oyunlar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...