Saturday, January 23, 2010

Yittle Bebs and Cwistmas Twees

So yesterday my son tells me that I should stay home with "The Little Babes".

This is his nickname for his little sister - I have no idea where he got the idea, but I totally wish I had thought of it first! (Although, it comes out more like "the yittle bebs", which I think is completely adorable!)

Ok, back to the story:

HIM:
Mommy, you and the yittle bebs need to stay home today because Daddy and I have to go out this afternoon.

ME:
Where are you going?

HIM (looking at me in obvious disgust that I am so clueless):
We HAVE to go get the Cwistmas twee. (Duh.)

ME:
Why are you going to get a Christmas tree?

HIM:
So we can bring it home and get it decorated all pwetty. (Duh again. Apparently Mommy is completely clued out here.)

ME:
But we just had Christmas. Next Christmas is still a long time from now.

HIM:
Like how yong?

ME:
More than three hundred days away.

HIM:
Like how many? (Obviously he does not believe me.)

ME:
Like more than three hundred and thirty days.

HIM (looking completely dejected):
Oh. That's a yong time away.

Silence as he contemplates the 330+ days.

HIM:
Mommy, so when is it going to be spring?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...