Friday, August 13, 2010

Blueberry Compote

Compote is basically smashed up fruit plus water plus sugar. With all the blueberries we had, this was a tasty and easy way to use up a bunch of them!

INGREDIENTS

3 cups blueberries

2/3 cup water

2/3 cup white sugar

1-2 tbsp cornstarch

2 tsp lemon juice


DIRECTIONS
1. Mix together berries, water, and sugar. Simmer on stove until berries burst (about 8-10 minutes).
2. Mix together cornstarch with 1 tbsp cold water. When fully mixed, add to berry mixture. Cook until compote thickens and coats a spoon (about 6-8 minutes).
3. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.


Makes approximately 2 cups. Enjoy with yogurt, on ice cream, over pancakes, etc.!


Notes:
1. Add more cornstarch if you want a thicker result. I like to add, cook, and test. Then I add more cornstarch until I get it as thick as I want it.
2. I kept my stove on medium heat and was able to avoid any scorching.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...