Monday, September 13, 2010

Fresh Guacamole

Guacamole is one of my most favourite things ever! So easy, so fast, soooo good for you! Did you know that avocadoes are good for "women's health"? Yes, they promote a healthy reproductive system. And it is kinda cool, too, because an avocado supposedly takes 9 months from start to finish just like a baby! At least, that's what I've heard. I haven't wikipedia'ed it or anything. Ha!



INGREDIENTS

handful cherry tomatoes (thank you, garden!)

handful cilantro leaves

1 French shallot (I didn't have a regular onion)

3 avocadoes

squirt or 3 of lime juice



DIRECTIONS:

1. Cut the avocadoes in half. Remove the pits. Use a fork to mash up the avocado while the flesh is still in the skin. Using a spoon, scoop out the mashed flesh. (Sorry, forgot the pic for this one.)



2. Chop tomatoes finely. I used a mini food processor for the tomatoes.





3. Chop the onion and the cilantro. Put everything into a mixing bowl and add some lime juice.



4. This is cheating and not authentic at all, but I like to throw in some sour cream - maybe a half cup or so - for some extra creamy goodness.



5. Mix everything together and add more lime juice if necessary. You want to be able to taste the brightness of the lime!



This is where I usually stop unless my hubby is hankering for some heat. In that case, I will also add cumin, jalapeno, hot pepper powder, spices, etc. The fresh, non-heat version is my favourite though.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...