Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Garden Update

Long time, no update and since a picture is worth a thousand words, here we go!

Please ignore the grass. It is the bane of my existence. In our city, we are prohibited from using any form of chemical weed control. Ask me how I feel about that! Ergggghhh. Anyway, the planter box on the left is the herb garden and the herbs are ginormous! I have got purple basil, regular basil, rosemary, mint, parsley, chives, and cilantro. Loving it!!


The planter box on the right is full of mostly cherry tomatoes.

How come no one ever told me that tomatoes from your own garden (or planter box!) are way better than any other tomatoes?? Well, they are!! These plants are definitely wild growers. Next time, I will have to use the wire teepee-looking things. You know what I mean, plus I have no idea what they're called...


3 comments:

melanie large said...

Fresh veggies are really delicious rather than the veggies from the groceries. My tomatoes are bigger than tomatoes from the groceries and it is fresher in taste. Your veggies are great too.

rose plated said...

Avoiding chemical weed control in your community is really irritating. I can’t survive my garden if they avoid this thing. Maybe that’s why you just have a few plants. I hope your garden will grow. Your tomatoes are healthy and delicious.

isabella centerpiece said...

Those tomatoes really look delicious. They are reddish and the skin is perfect. There are no blossom end rot or splitting area such on my tomatoes. I don’t know why they have splitting are and blossom end rot in the same time. I just hope that somebody can know what to do with this kind of problem.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...