Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hot Sweet Onion Dip

I got the base of this recipe off a bag of sweet onions (who knew?) and absolutely adore it! Hot, cheesy, oniony goodness! The smell of the dip baking in the oven is perfectly fall; it pairs perfectly with sweaters, coloured leaves, and the smell of bonfires in the crisp night air. It just makes you smile! I also love to serve this dip at our Christmas parties.

I amend my recipe depending on what I have in the pantry, so here is my most recent version. Feel free to vary the cheese amounts as well!

INGREDIENTS
2 large onions (I only had 1 large onion, so I substituted 5 French shallots for the other onion)
2 cups Miracle Whip
1 package Philly cream cheese, at room temp
1 cup shredded parm cheese

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Chop onions (penny size pieces or smaller).
3. Blend Miracle Whip, Philly, and parm together. Add onions.
4. Place into 8x8 glass baking dish and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until top is lightly browned and bubbling gently around the edges.
5. Best served hot! Use French bread or sourdough to dip (crackers will work too).


1 comment:

Melinda said...

I'm thinking New Year's Eve here - yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...