Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Quick Stuffed Mushrooms

We got home late tonight and I wasn't sure what we were going to do for dinner. I didn't want to ask my hubby to make dinner since he made it last night. So I looked in the fridge and saw a bunch of large creamy white mushrooms. I have made Hungarian Mushroom Soup a few times in the past little while, so I was veering away from the soup idea. Stuffed mushrooms it is! I used what I had on hand and that is something I love about stuffed mushrooms - you can use whatever you want!


INGREDIENTS:

9 large mushrooms with stems removed

1 dinner-size honey garlic sausage (I used leftovers from last night's bbq)

handful of baby spinach, chopped

several leaves fresh sage, finely chopped
1 shallot, chopped

2 cloves garlic, chopped

freshly grated parm, 1-2 handfuls

1-2 tbsp olive oil


DIRECTIONS:

1. Heat oil in frying pan on medium heat. Chop mushroom stems (I used 7 of the 9 stems). Add onion and garlic to pan, and saute until soft and translucent. Add chopped mushroom stems and cook until soft.

2. Reduce heat to medium low. Add spinach to pan. When spinach is wilted, add chopped sage and cook 1-2 minutes.

3. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese. (You can add s+p if you want, but mine was quite tasty without it!)

4. Drop spoonfuls of mixture into mushroom cavities. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes or until desired doneness is reached. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Infarrantly Creative said...

My husband would love me to death if I made those. He loves stuffed mushrooms. I don't think I have ever made them before.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...