Making freezer jam is super easy - mash the fruit, add the sugar, boil the pectin, stir, and pour into jars. That's it. You can easily make freezer jam in under 30 minutes, including the fruit prep.
2 lbs peaches (2-1/4 cups prepared fruit)
1 lemon (I used 2 tbsp bottled lemon juice instead)
5 cups white sugar
Follow the instructions in your package of pectin. These were my instructions:
Pre-prep: Prep glass jars by washing and scalding (easy way to scald is to submerge the jars in boiling water on the stovetop). Dry fully.
1. Peel peaches.
2. Prep fruit by pitting and finely chopping/grinding. (Do not use a food processor. You can use a potato masher - I didn't have one of those so I used a pastry knife.)
3. Measure fruit, add lemon juice, and stir in measured sugar.
4. Mix well and let sit for 10 minutes.
5. Add fruit pectin to 3/4 cup water; bring to hard boil (a boil you cannot stir down) for one minute, stirring constantly.
6. Remove from heat; add fruit and sugar, and continue to stir for 3 minutes.
7. Jam texture should be similar to gelatin that is beginning to set.
8. Immediately pour into jars, leaving about 1/4" room for expansion during freezing. Let stand at room temp for 24 hours before freezing.
Note: If jam will be used within 2 or 3 weeks, you can store in the fridge instead of freezer.