Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Homemade Pasta Sauce



Start with a large can of crushed tomatoes.  Pour into a saucepan and add seasonings.  I never measure these; I just shake the container a couple of times.  Each is likely 2 tsp or so.  However, I do add a little less of the chili powder and more of the garlic powder (2-3 times - self-proclaimed garlic lover here).  The italian seasoning could also handle more.  Blend well over med-low heat.

Add about 2 TBSP of brown sugar and mix until melted. I also like to add 1-2 tbsp of butter and I stir it in until melted.  It just adds a little bit of ooomph!  Add salt and pepper to taste.

Let the sauce sit for another 5 minutes or so to let the flavours blend, then taste it and adjust seasonings as desired.

Linking up with some great parties!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...