Day old bread, cut or ripped into bite size pieces (1 loaf for chicken, up to 2 for turkey)
Butter, all but 2 TBSP melted (1/2-3/4 cup for a chicken, 1+ cup for a turkey)
Onions, chopped (1 for chicken, 2 for turkey)
Celery, chopped (1 stalk for chicken, 2 for turkey)
Salt & pepper to taste
Fresh or dried cranberries
1. Place bread pieces in a large bowl and drizzle with butter. Pour 1/4 of the butter over the bread and stir to mix. Repeat 3 more times. This ensures all the bread gets evenly coated.
2. Mix in the celery and onions. Add any extras as well. It should be smelling good already!
3. Add in 1 TBSP each of the herbs. Add a pinch of salt and pepper as well.
Mix until everything is well blended. Take a little taste and adjust herbs as desired.
4. Make sure the bird is cleaned out. The chest cavity should be empty.
Stuff the stuffing mixture into the cavity and don't be shy about pressing it in!
Extra stuffing can go in the other end where the neck was.
5. Tie up the legs and wings if desired (I didn't) and place bird in a roasting pan. Rub all over with remaining soft butter. Bake!