Original recipe shown (my changes in parentheses).
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour)
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used grapeseed oil)
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries (I used 1 cup frozen cranberries, plus 1/3 cup dried sweetened cranberries)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup soft butter
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degress C). Grease muffin pan or use muffin liners.
2. Combine all dry muffin ingredients.
3. Place oil in 1-cup measuring cup; add egg. Add enough milk to fill up to the 1-cup mark. Mix this with the dry mixture. Fold in cranberries.
4. For streusel: Mix all ingredients.
5. Fill muffin cups and top with streusel mixture.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes or until done. (Mine were done in 15 minutes.)
NOTE: This recipe originally yields 8 large deli-style muffins. I was able to make 24 muffins (16 regular and 8 child-size). The frozen cranberries added a wonderful pop of tartness, while the dried cranberries added some sweetness. I have made this recipe several times - sometimes following the ingredient list, and sometimes not. Chocolate works well too!