3 cups blueberries
2/3 cup water
2/3 cup white sugar
1-2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp lemon juice
1. Mix together berries, water, and sugar. Simmer on stove until berries burst (about 8-10 minutes).
2. Mix together cornstarch with 1 tbsp cold water. When fully mixed, add to berry mixture. Cook until compote thickens and coats a spoon (about 6-8 minutes).
3. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
Makes approximately 2 cups. Enjoy with yogurt, on ice cream, over pancakes, etc.!
1. Add more cornstarch if you want a thicker result. I like to add, cook, and test. Then I add more cornstarch until I get it as thick as I want it.
2. I kept my stove on medium heat and was able to avoid any scorching.