Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Tree Crayons

I wanted to make new crayons from the huge amount of broken ones we have!  I have seen so many crayon-makeover tutorials around the blogosphere, but this one is different because (1) they are Christmas trees, (2) I used glitter!, and (3) they are gradient-friendly!  Ha ha!

Supplies:
crayons
silicone ice cube tray
glitter
lots of little people to peel the crayon papers off!
 

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 225 F.  Peel the paper wrappers off the crayons and chop into small pieces.



Assemble similar shades of colours together; pack tightly into a silicone ice cube tray. Add a pinch or two of a similar shade glitter.


Place in the oven for 5 minutes.  Check to see if the crayons are thoroughly melted.   If so, remove carefully and place on counter to cool completely.  If not, leave tray in the oven and check every minute or two until fully melted.  Once cooled, pop out of the tray and enjoy!


I think they are so festive!!  I am going to do a couple trays of these for Christmas gifts and stocking stuffers!

Linking up with some great parties!

3 comments:

C Scarbrough said...

My daughter would love these! Thanks for sharing!

Corie
www.thedatingdivas.com

Crafty Mischief said...

Love these! I found you through One Pretty Thing. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get three emails
with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
Cheers!

Feel free to surf to my web page: sip trunk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...