Saturday, December 10, 2011

I Don't Have a Mantle to Decorate

Today is the final day of Creating Christmas!  It has been so fun to hook up with The Girl Creative - thanks, Diana!

 Creating Christmas at The Girl Creative


In our old house, we had a lovely wood-burning fireplace.  I loved to roast marshmallows, curl up with a good book, and just watch the fire.  Plus it was super cosy!  And I loved the fact that I had a mantle to decorate at Christmas.  


I love checking out all the beautifully decorated Christmas mantles on blogs and Pinterest, but...  I have no mantle to decorate! I make up for it by decorating the tops of bookcases, dressers, china cabinets, etc. 


I simply swap out some of the everyday decor with Christmas balls and ornaments.  This is my grandmother's china cabinet that she gave us a few years ago.  The tall candlesticks, both red vases, clock, and black tealight holders are there year round, along with some other things I have removed until January rolls around again. 


I added a clear vase full of ornaments, a 3D silver star, and red Christmas balls on top of the black tealight holders.  I also added sheer burgundy ribbon around the tall candlesticks and a bottlebrush wreath to the cabinet door.  Now it is festive!


To this dresser, I added a bowl of Christmas balls with a few picks and a glittery ornament.  Even a couple hints of Christmas will add so much!



CREATING_CHRISTMAS_BANNER_jpg  
As we wrap up Creating Christmas week I hope that you have all been inspired to stop pinning and start creating! I’m excited to see what everyone has been working on. This Christmas Linky Party is no ordinary party. This is a blog hop. And what that means is that there are 18 FABULOUS bloggers that are hosting this party at their very own blog. Whether you add your project link here or at any of the other 17 co-hosts blogs, it will show up on one huge party list! Awesome! 

If you haven’t already, please take the time out to visit the other co-hosts and go through their Creating Christmas posts. There is some really neat projects! The Girl Creative, Que Linda Crafts, The Cottage Market, Love Lindsey, Domestic Mischief, Chicken Scratch, Love Sweet Love, Randee’s Organized Chaos, Musings of a Glamour Puss, Anastacia Knits, Southern Scraps, Modern Yet Old Fashioned, Broken Treasures, Alyssabeth’s, Domestic Deadline, Life on Walnut Street, 52 Mantels, The Glamorous Life

The Rules are SiMpLe:
  • Add a link to a project that YOU have created!
  • Visit the 2 links ahead of you and check out what they’ve got going on. Leave some comment love. Tis the season for giving after all. {wink wink}
  • HAVE FUN AND BE INSPIRED!!

1 comment:

Love Sweet Love said...

Hey girl! So fun to be co-hosting with you and The Girl Creative!! Merry Christmas!
Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...